Conception, development and implementation of intelligent industrial processes and integrated systems of information and communication technology on the factory floor, using advanced production practices based on concepts of Industry 4.0, like the Plant Information Management System (PIMS). Customized, flexible and automatized solutions are offered for the integration of technological products that are replicable in any factory environment, properly tested and functioning in an optimal form, reducing costs and increasing quality and control over production.
In terms of technological research and innovation, the concept of Industry 4.0 or Advanced Industry is certainly the next major phase for industry. The objective of the so-called 4th Industrial Revolution is to create intelligent factories using intelligent concepts and technologies such as: the Internet of Things (IoT), big data, cyber-physical systems and others. Highly necessary for the implementation of this concept is the integration of information through intelligent systems, in which machines can communicate with each other and information is disseminated in a complete manner. The CERTI Foundation, considering the need to address the specific issues that these challenges raise for the market, and seeking to improve factory processes through industrial automation, has know-how and develops applications in the fields mentioned, as described below:
- Analysis of the potential for processes automation ;
- Improvement of cost reduction processes;
- Industry RFID applications, allied to the Internet of things;
- Management of assets through the use of predictive maintenance systems;
- Solutions that seek to integrate the various sectors of a factory, generating indicators in real time to help make decisions.
PLANT INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (PIMS)
Improvement of the control and monitoring of production through online, real time accompaniment of the main manufacturing process steps, providing production and quality indicators, as well as the complete registration of traceability of manufactured products.
The systems software architecture is organized in modules, implemented for the complete traceability of production processes through the manufacturing functionalities and controls.
The main benefits that the PIMS system offers include:
- Asset management through the use of predictive maintenance systems;
- Reduction of errors during product assembly;
- Speed in detection of eventual deviations in the process, making the correction of failures and implementation of improvements more agile;
- Improved visualization of manufacturing and process control;
- Visualization of production events on the factory floor through a configurable panel;
- Remote monitoring of administrative and quality reports through a Web navigator;
- Information updated in real time according to the progress of production.
Visual Shop Floor
Development of systems for real time information collection at the factory that allow actions such as visualization of production line status and operation of machinery and indicators; graphic visualization of the main manufacturing indicators on dashboards (TV/digital panel) or via the Internet; use of latest generation graphic technologies, allowing easy visualization of the most important information, faster reaction to potential deviations in the process and higher rate of correct decisions.
Systems for tracking and integration of products
Development and implantation of customized manufacturing tracking software, offering a complete history of each unit produced; systems with computerized assembly instructions, guaranteeing greater agility in manual integration/assembly; and application of technologies of identification and location (bar codes, Datamatrix and RFID) for all the production process steps.
Development of supervisory systems for industrial applications
Development of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) based on Open Technologies for monitoring and controlling industrial processes. Communication with equipment (machines and sensors) in different protocols, historic records and reports, alarms and events, and possibility to integrate specific algorithms for data processing and automation. Graphic interfaces for operation of processes of middleware for integration with external software.